How To Turn On Roku TV Without a Remote?
Roku is one of the most sought-after streaming devices available in the market nowadays. How to turn on Roku TV without a remote? Like any other advanced device, the Roku player has its remote control. The remote utilizes Wi-Fi to connect to the player. What happens if you lose your Roku remote? Can you use Roku TV without a remote and watch shows? Yes, there is a solution to this problem. Let us explore how to operate Roku TV without using a remote control.
Table of Contents
How to Turn on Roku TV without a remote?
With the help of a smartphone and a Wi-Fi network, you can turn on your Roku TV. You must download the Roku app on your smartphone. The next step is to establish a connection between the device and app using the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku TV.
Now, you should choose the Devices tab in the app before selecting the Remote icon. The important thing is to use the same Wi-Fi network for the smartphone and Roku TV. When it comes to downloading the Roku app, you can come across several third-party apps. The best option available is to choose the official app from Roku Inc.
Step-by-Step Instructions on Using Roku without a Remote
1. You need to download the app and install it on your smartphone. The Roku app can also be downloaded to your tablet. If you are using an Android device, you can find it on the Google Play Store. iPhone users need to search the Apple app store to discover this application.
2. After downloading, you should open the app to know how to use it. It contains detailed, clear on-screen instructions to make it easy even for beginners. If you are a first-time user, you should accept the terms and services listed on the app. The fast tutorial available on the app shows everything clearly.
3. You can find the Devices Category at the bottom of the app screen. The next step is to tap this category. First-time users must select the OK button to permit the app to discover your Roku device.
4. Then, you should choose your Roku device available in the Devices section.
5. After selecting the Roku device, you need to tap the Remote icon. It comes with a plus shape.
6. Now, the remote on the app is ready to use. It can be utilized to control your Roku TV. There are no restrictions in using the app on your device to operate the player. You can use it as much as you prefer.
As mentioned above, you should always ensure that the Roku TV and your smartphone are using the same Wi-Fi connection. The Roku player establishes an automatic connection to the previous Wi-Fi utilized last time. So, the app becomes operational only when it is connected to a Wi-Fi network with the same password.
These are simple steps that let you control Roku TV without a remote. You don’t need any special technical expertise to use this app.
How to Use a Mobile Hotspot to Connect Your Roku Player to the App?
Do you want to connect the Roku TV with the app using a new Wi-Fi network? A device should be used for setting up a mobile hotspot with the same Wi-Fi network (same name and password) used last time to connect the Roku device. You have to download the Roku app on a different device before establishing a connection to the hotspot.
It is not possible to set up a hotspot with a single device. You must use two devices when following this method. The first one is used to create a hotspot. The second one is for installing the app. You should also use the name and password of the Wi-Fi network used last time to connect the Roku player.
Step-by-Step Instructions on Connecting Your Roku Device to the App Using a Mobile Hotspot
1. Use a smartphone, laptop, tablet, or computer for setting up a mobile hotspot.
2. You must create the same name and password of the network used to connect the Roku player last time for your mobile hotspot.
3. The next step is the task of connecting the second device to the hotspot. It is the one used for downloading the app. Both devices should be connected using the hotspot.
4. Then, you must download and install the Roku app on the second device. There is no need to get confused when it comes to selecting devices. The first device is the one utilized for setting up the hotspot. The second device refers to the one used to connect to the hotspot you created.
5. After installing and opening the app, you have to select the Devices and choose your Roku player. If there is any difficulty in locating your device, swipe down on the app screen to refresh.
6. The remote icon needs to be tapped for using the app to operate your Roku player. Data consumption is higher when you use a mobile hotspot to stream videos than a Wi-Fi network. When there is a Wi-Fi network available, you must use it instead of relying on a mobile hotspot.
7. Now, the mobile hotspot is available to use. Choose the Remote icon on the app to find the Settings tab on your Roku player. That is to say, a tap on the Home button on the remote will take you to the Settings. You can come across the up and down arrow keys on the left sidebar. These keys can be used to change positions.
8. The next step is to choose Network.
9. Then, you should click on the Set Up Connection tab before choosing Wireless.
10. When you click on the OK button on your remote, the streaming device will start looking for available networks.
11. It is time to select a new network. If you cannot find your network, you must click on the Scan button to search again to identify all available networks.
12. Now, you must enter the Wi-Fi password before clicking on the Connect tab.
These two methods teach you how to turn on Roku TV without a remote. You just need to follow the simple instructions to control your Roku TV without the help of a remote control.
- How To Choose An AV Receiver – Make An Informed Decesion - May 6, 2023
- Onkyo TX-RZ70 Review – The Ultimate Flagship - April 26, 2023
- Does AV Receiver Affect Picture Quality? – Complete Guide - April 11, 2023